Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Circuit City to Lay Off Thousands of 'Overpaid' Workers

Re: Circuit City to Lay Off Thousands of 'Overpaid' Workers
Posted by: Zinie Chen Sampson 2007-04-02 21:00:55
See Full Story

Circuit City Stores said Wednesday it plans to cut costs by laying off about 3,400 store workers and hiring lower-paid employees to replace them, and by trimming about 130 corporate jobs. Its shares rose 3 percent in morning trading. Circuit City, the nation's No. 2 consumer electronics retailer behind Best Buy, said the store workers being laid off were earning "well above the market-based salary range for their role." They will be replaced with employees who will be paid at the current market range, the company said in a news release.

Re: Circuit City to Lay Off Thousands of 'Overpaid' Workers
Posted by: avapcat 2007-04-02 21:06:38 In reply to: Zinie Chen Sampson
My dear friends. It''s not Circuit City''s fault for their actions. It''s hard to be responsible for actions if you haven''t got a backbone. For the last 6-7 years the brain trust at that company refuses to step up to the plate with their own ideas. All that money they pay procurement, marketing, and advertising is a waste if all they''re going to do is copy Best Buy. I''m surprised they haven't ordered the blue shirts yet.
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition