Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Circuit City to Lay Off Thousands of 'Overpaid' Workers

Re: Circuit City to Lay Off Thousands of 'Overpaid' Workers
Posted by: Zinie Chen Sampson 2007-04-02 21:00:55
See Full Story

Circuit City Stores said Wednesday it plans to cut costs by laying off about 3,400 store workers and hiring lower-paid employees to replace them, and by trimming about 130 corporate jobs. Its shares rose 3 percent in morning trading. Circuit City, the nation's No. 2 consumer electronics retailer behind Best Buy, said the store workers being laid off were earning "well above the market-based salary range for their role." They will be replaced with employees who will be paid at the current market range, the company said in a news release.

Re: Circuit City to Lay Off Thousands of 'Overpaid' Workers
Posted by: avapcat 2007-04-02 21:06:38 In reply to: Zinie Chen Sampson
My dear friends. It''s not Circuit City''s fault for their actions. It''s hard to be responsible for actions if you haven''t got a backbone. For the last 6-7 years the brain trust at that company refuses to step up to the plate with their own ideas. All that money they pay procurement, marketing, and advertising is a waste if all they''re going to do is copy Best Buy. I''m surprised they haven't ordered the blue shirts yet.
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads