Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Do Shopping Engines Turn Up Better Computer Hardware Deals?

Re: Do Shopping Engines Turn Up Better Computer Hardware Deals?
Posted by: Pam Baker 2007-04-02 15:12:08
See Full Story

In an attempt to get a hands-on read of the efficiency and credibility of comparison search engines, I embarked on a buying experiment for an HP Media Vault mv2020 server -- specifically a Windows-based PC tower with two 500 GB Internal Drives, three USB ports for expansion, room for an additional 3.5-inch internal drive, built-in Gigabit Ethernet and a dual processor configuration. For a simpler comparison check, I added a Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Router to my search.

Re: Do Shopping Engines Turn Up Better Computer Hardware Deals?
Posted by: biking4jesus 2007-04-02 15:37:25 In reply to: Pam Baker
TigerDirect.com is not a comparison shopping site and should not be included in this comparo. You also only included a fraction of the more popular comparison search engines and left out Froogle, Shopping.com, Nextag.com and more. A quick search on Nextag and I easily found the computer for $399 from JR.com. And yes while some comparison engines lacked product detail, it is only because the merchants whose products are being searched for, fail to provide detailed data feeds. For a great blog revolving around shopping engines read www.comparisonengines.com
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads