Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Minding the Gap Between Click and Conversion

Re: Minding the Gap Between Click and Conversion
Posted by: Scott Brinker 2007-03-27 10:01:21
See Full Story

If you're responsible for performance-driven online marketing -- particularly for Web-based sales or lead generation -- then your mission is to optimize a funnel. The online marketing funnel is an upside-down pyramid, sort of like a great, big waffle cone. At the top, you start with everyone who is exposed to your banner ads, paid search keywords and e-mail marketing messages. Some portion of those people click through, and thereby move one level deeper into your funnel.

Exactly! Online businesses need to optimize the middle of their funnel and the web pages in between the "top and bottom". In-page Analytics tools are great for this, letting you watch recordings, get heat maps, drill down and segment your conversion funnels to find out what is happening at each page from homepage straight to checkout.
Jump to:
I am most loyal to brands that...
Give the best value for my money
Have helpful and friendly staff
Operate an easy-to-use website
Provide fast, knowledgeable responses to questions
Support causes that I believe in