Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: New Layers of Defense: ID Theft and Authentication, Part 2

Re: New Layers of Defense: ID Theft and Authentication, Part 2
Posted by: Andrew K. Burger 2007-02-25 12:34:30
See Full Story

"It was the best of times; it was the worst of times." The oft-cited quotation from Dickens' "A Tale of Two Cities" seems apt when talking about the opportunity presented by digital communications and computing. It has also ushered in a new breed of cybercriminal who tries hard to use your personal information fraudulently. Part 2 of this two-part series asks, what are some of the new ways in which financial institutions and their technology providers are trying to better prevent online fraud?

Posted by: JimmyJackFunk 2007-02-26 09:33:20 In reply to: Andrew K. Burger
What about Anonymizer.com? What's your feeling on their security products? To my knowledge, they have never been breached, and they've been around for a long time.

Posted by: OSAuthority 2007-02-25 18:06:14 In reply to: Andrew K. Burger
We have to be very smart when it comes to picking the right software to protect our PC’s! Make sure you are using the most up to date online security for your internet connection and to protect you from key logging, including your Viruses and Malware, find out how your PC safe!
We need a new way Authentication that everyone can use, no question we have to come up with ways of stopping cyber criminals in there tracks I guess we don’t have to wonder where I stand this issue, to Police the Internet has to be the only course of action if we are going to the future of online security and the threat of the online Predators, if we can’t catch them and punish for there crimes, how do we even stand a chance against the rest the cyber-crime world!
We need to start making the Predators & Pedophiles pay with real punishment or real jail time! And we need to begin to say: “enough is enough” or scream out from the rooftops that “Were not going to Take IT Anymore!!”
What a eye opener we have to start getting tough with the would of hackers, crackers and jackers do we just continue hide behind monitors allow the internet criminals to get away day after day?
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads