A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Fox Subpoenas YouTube Over '24' Episodes

Re: Fox Subpoenas YouTube Over '24' Episodes
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2007-01-25 15:09:03
See Full Story

20th Century Fox has served YouTube and another video-sharing site, LiveDigital, with subpoenas to hand over information about the user who uploaded episodes of the hit TV series "24" before they aired this month. The user also uploaded recent episodes of "The Simpsons." It is not known how YouTube will handle the request. Last year, the firm complied with a similar request from a movie studio; however, that was before it was acquired for $1.65 billion by Google, which has often challenged such subpoenas.

Re: Fox Subpoenas YouTube Over '24' Episodes
Posted by: jhnstjas 2007-01-26 16:31:27 In reply to: Erika Morphy
I dont see the big deal. Its a TV show. Most every one has cable TV. The only ones getting cheated are the sponsors.
Jump to:
Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.