Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: eBay Blocks Google Checkout as Payment Option

Re: eBay Blocks Google Checkout as Payment Option
Posted by: Keith Regan 2006-07-10 15:52:11
See Full Story

eBay has determined the Google Checkout system, which launched last week after months of speculation, is not an acceptable form of payment for eBay auctions or fixed-price sales. Checkout, which launched amid swirling questions about how a Google payment system would impact eBay's own PayPal, does not appear on a list of acceptable payment methods that eBay updated this week based on a global payments policy developed last year.

PayPal ends before 2012
Posted by: NinaB 2010-07-24 13:53:16 In reply to: Keith Regan
Self-destruction, even though many tried breaking it into pieces, seems like the only outcome for them.

I stopped using PayPal long time ago. It became way too risky no matter what they do to secure their users. And many I know as well. It seems that frauds are always one step ahead.

But Meg, what's paysafecard? Something new?

ebay is headed for self-destruction
Posted by: MegStoney 2010-07-23 13:39:52 In reply to: Keith Regan
Instead of getting better it's getting worse all the way ...
The s**t with the obligatory paypal payment option was the first thing, now this and I'm sure more is to come ...
Instead of adding new features and payment methods so that they INCREASE in quality, they keep restriction options to their own stuff and pissing off users.
How about adding paysafecard for example? One of the best online payment methods there are imo, but surely not to come cause they wouldn't make money from people using that ...
F**k ebay, really.
Jump to:
How does the quality of customer service delivered by government compare to that of the private sector?
Government customer service is far superior.
Government customer service is slightly better.
Government and private sector customer service are about the same.
Private sector customer service is slightly better.
Private sector customer service is far superior.