Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: ECard Makers Find Senders Willing to Pay

Re: ECard Makers Find Senders Willing to Pay
Posted by: Keith Regan 2006-07-09 04:59:03
See Full Story

Even those who sell them for a living acknowledge that the day may never come when electronic greeting cards replace paper cards. But eCards are already far more than just a time-wasting diversion or a low-cost alternative to the real thing. ECard companies are increasingly finding users willing to pay for the privilege of sending their cards and are attracting heavy users who find eCards a great way to supplement the traditional greeting cards they continue to send.

About 6-years later...
Posted by: Progressive Media Group 2011-07-21 11:49:35 In reply to: Keith Regan
re) "Two years ago, it would have been a two or three minute wait for the average user to download it. Now it's a few seconds," she said

Now, with broadband in even more households, offices, etc, e-cards have become more popular with each passing year.

And yes, "the day may never come when electronic greeting cards replace paper cards" is still true. As a company specializes in corporate holiday e-cards and with a number of years operating in this space, we can tell you that e-cards aren't necessarily a replacement to print cards. In some cases, a paper card is still the best way to go. In other cases, an e-card is better. They are both great and effective ways of extending seasonal greetings, but you definitely need to take a second, think about your business and clientele, than use a little common sense in your decision process. Sometimes a mix of both would be appropriate.

re) Meanwhile, eCards also have their backers in the environmental community. A group in the UK recently urged consumers to try electronic greetings, noting that the vast majority of the 1 billion cards that will be sent by British revelers each year end up in landfills.

Every year, a large portion of our sales is the result of client's wanting to go green. Additionally, this trend seems to to increase every year.

We offer corporate holiday e-card products for medium and large businesses. http://www.progressivemediagroup.ca/corporate-holiday-ecards.php
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.