Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: How to Keep Your Data from Blowing in the Wind

Re: How to Keep Your Data from Blowing in the Wind
Posted by: Alexandra DeFelice 2006-06-06 10:08:55
See Full Story

Last year, in the path of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, thousands of businesses realized too late how vulnerable their data was. Many businesses found themselves down for days, and some never recovered from the data loss. With the 2006 hurricane season under way, company executives who remember the devastation from last year's storms are taking steps to ramp up their emergency preparedness efforts by fortifying data storage and protection measures, and ensuring that their backup systems are adequate.

Re: How to Keep Your Data from Blowing in the Wind
Posted by: tripn 2006-06-06 10:16:33 In reply to: Alexandra DeFelice
I went to school with a Mark Martin from MIT. Didn't know he was in the online storage biz though.
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.