Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Gambling in America, E-Style

Re: Gambling in America, E-Style
Posted by: ECT News 2001-06-22 22:28:54
See Full Story

We all knew the century had officially turned in my town when the local race track started
accepting bets via the Internet.

Lawmakers will still fight it, moralists will continue to badmouth it and compulsive
gamblers will quickly max out their plastic, but online gambling appears headed for
daylight.

Re: Gambling in America, E-Style
Posted by: Bill 2001-06-25 18:21:47 In reply to: ECT News
I see the value in innovation on line. However, my work brings me into contact with women and men who have lost everything as a result of gambling that is out of control. Yes, video lottery terminals and slots tend to be the culprit. However, responsible web site holders and hosts would do well to promote sites on line that can offer help to pathological gamblers. Free-wheeling free enterprise needs to take responsible action by offering links on gaming sites to sites that can help. GA and GamAnon sites for one, and organizations like mine for another. (Problem Gambling Community Program)
www.cmhask.com
Jump to:
Which review rating influences you most when researching a business?
5 Stars - I want to know what others found amazing.
4 Stars - I want to find out why it's liked for the most part, but not without faults.
3 Stars - I want to understand why the business is neither loved nor hated.
2 Stars - I want to learn why the weaknesses outweigh the strengths.
1 Star - I want to know why anybody says they are completely dissatisfied with the business.