Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: The Biggest Myths About B2B

Re: The Biggest Myths About B2B
Posted by: ECT News 2001-06-22 13:26:59
See Full Story

Despite the importance business-to-business (B2B) dealings have in the e-commerce
picture, several myths and misperceptions still exist, according to analysts.
In a two-part series, the E-Commerce Times dispels the seven deadly myths of B2B.

Myth #1: B2B is about the money. In fact, B2B is not about how much revenue can be generated
online, according to analysts, but rather about making connections with business partners.
"The idea of pure online sales as something onto itself has a very limited potential,"
Jupiter Media Metrix analyst Jonathan Gibs told the E-Commerce Times. "Most B2B works
toward relationship building."

Re: The Biggest Myths About B2B
Posted by: janisg 2001-06-25 10:59:56 In reply to: ECT News
I wonder how is the process of efficiency measured in such B2B solution projects. In fact, as long as it is just some e-commerce like selling books and CDs online, you can easily measure your profit. But as it comes to relation making and improvement, etc., I have few ideas how to measure it. Ideas?
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.