Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Elon Musk: Luddite?

Re: Elon Musk: Luddite?
Posted by: Denis Pombriant 2017-07-25 04:21:29
See Full Story

It's hard to believe that the founder of Tesla Motors and SpaceX could have such reactionary views about artificial intelligence. Elon Musk last weekend had some very un-Musk-like things to say about AI when he addressed the U.S. National Governors Association meeting in Providence, Rhode Island. "AI is a fundamental existential risk for human civilization, and I don't think people fully appreciate that," Musk said. He even suggested that government ought to regulate the nascent industry -- but it's hard to regulate that which isn't yet formed.

Posted by: FredSchrader 2017-08-07 22:46:34 In reply to: Denis Pombriant
"Reactionary views"? Seriously?

I think Elon Musk is the best example that we should stop dividing the world into good/progressive and bad/reactionary. This old pattern isn't effective anymore.

Elon Musk has shown the world his progressive and inspiring mind more than once, so we should listen to him twice when he spreads the warning of the future. Indeed, I totally agree with him: The more advanced technology will become, the more it can rely on itself instead of needing humans to be operated. We should be fully aware of this logical conclusion!

Posted by: jymm 2017-08-04 03:46:44 In reply to: Denis Pombriant
Elon Musk's greatest success has been sucking tax money in the form of subsidies from the government. I personally am not impressed by his business or opinions.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.