Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: United Airlines Gives Appalling New Meaning to Customer Service

Re: United Airlines Gives Appalling New Meaning to Customer Service
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2017-04-11 20:42:55
See Full Story

United Airlines' self-made firestorm spread on Tuesday, as a video showing a passenger being forcibly dragged off a plane continued to make the rounds on social media. The passenger had refused to comply after being told he'd been bumped off the Sunday flight. The incident sparked international outrage, including calls for a boycott of the airline and for CEO Oscar Munoz to step down. Anger has been particularly intense in China. United's share price has fallen in response to the debacle, taking more than $700 million off the company's books.

Posted by: cestmoijeff 2017-04-12 18:05:44 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
I don't care if the passenger thrown off was belligerent or not, fact to the matter is: He was already allowed into the plane and so NOBODY should have been taken out of the plane!! End of story.

If that was me, I would NOT have gotten off either. Nowadays, with airports being unpleasant place to be, there's no way I am going to delay myself at an airport... a big F off to you United. My wife and I love to travel and I've instructed her to NEVER fly United again, regardless of price.

Posted by: urkiddinme 2017-04-20 08:32:40 In reply to: cestmoijeff
I agree with you. I no longer fly United, but not for this reason. They've had a long history of bad customer service and I refuse to fly with a carrier who's mission statement is "Passengers are #2".
United should have NEVER treated a passenger in this manner. They are a paying customer and United should have put that crew on another flight. The passenger that was taken off the flight didn't want to get on another flight because he was a medical doctor who needed to see patients the following day. In my eyes, he had a valid reason to stay on the plane.
United really needs to work on their customer service. One of the worst I've seen. In all honesty, those who dragged the passenger off the plane should have been fired. Period.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.