Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Processing Customer Loyalty

Re: Processing Customer Loyalty
Posted by: Denis Pombriant 2015-10-13 00:30:41
See Full Story

I've had to do a lot of thinking about customer loyalty lately, both for my book and more recently for client engagements. What's interesting is how chaotic this market is and how many people are writing about it with very little data. There isn't even strong agreement on the similarities and differences between rewards programs and loyalty. Are they the same? How? We're all familiar with rewards programs such as frequent flier offers. You collect miles for your trips and eventually cash in the miles for free travel and upgrades.

Re: Processing Customer Loyalty
Posted by: jescott418 2015-10-13 12:47:49 In reply to: Denis Pombriant
The two seem interchangeable and just represent a means to keep customers exclusively. Not always a great deal such as my Shell gas card. If I buy from Shell I get 3 cents back per gallon. Sounds great until you realize maybe your Shell station is a bit higher then a station down the street. I remember back when I was a kid my Dad got Green Stamps which were literally Green Stamps you collected in books and could buy merchandise with. Generally I think people just like to feel they are special and get special breaks. Rebates, frequent flier miles, memberships, they all represent trying to keep the consumer from straying. They must work, because so many use them.
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.