Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: 3 Ways CRM Can Help Sales in the IoT Era

Re: 3 Ways CRM Can Help Sales in the IoT Era
Posted by: Christopher J. Bucholtz 2015-10-07 23:50:32
See Full Story

It's becoming increasingly clear that the nature of the sales profession is changing.
Salespeople are no longer the ones who introduce products to their customers -- in most cases, especially in business-to-business settings, customers have done a lot of research on their own and are close to a decision before they talk to a salesperson. This trend, which has been long in coming, has some people in sales panicked. One million B2B salespeople in the U.S. will lose their jobs to self-service e-commerce by 2020, Forrester has predicted.

Re: 3 Ways CRM Can Help Sales in the IoT Era
Posted by: Herman Heller (bridge2grow) 2015-10-08 00:09:44 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
Interesting vision, Chris, that you present. The transformation of sales is evident. Upgrading to a higher level of customer relationship management is essential for the future of sales. Besides the technology, better cooperation is needed between sales, marketing and service to bridge gaps between department-silo's. CRM could be the oil to increase connections and grease this engine.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.