Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Wrangling Big Data: When in Doubt, Think Like a Customer

Re: Wrangling Big Data: When in Doubt, Think Like a Customer
Posted by: Christopher J. Bucholtz 2015-07-13 22:09:12
See Full Story

As businesses gain a new appreciation of the power of data, they're discovering new tactics for sales and marketing that go far beyond what was possible in the past. It's not just big data and a technology-driven revolution -- it's also a shift in attitudes about data's place in the selling process, its role as a guide or as a reality check, and its ability to fuel new processes that drive greater sales performance. However, it's important to keep in mind the customer's perception of how data is being used.

Well, I believe that thinking like a customer also requires focus on prices. Because, in these days, if we consider that the vast majority of e-commerce traffic is coming from price comparison engines, consumers are taking a look at multiple retailers in different tabs in their browsers. So, as one of those retailers, companies should be also aware of what their consumers might be seeing at competitors. This can be done by using tools like Prisync that delivers the massive competitive pricing data from the market in an automated and actionable way.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.