Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: CFPB Shifts Some Power to Mortgage Shoppers

Re: CFPB Shifts Some Power to Mortgage Shoppers
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2015-01-14 11:33:51
See Full Story

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau on Tuesday introduced Owning a Home, a set of online tools designed to make it easier for consumers to comparison shop for the best deal in mortgage financing. With one tool, users can plug in a credit score and ZIP code to get a sense of the current interest rates being offered within a particular area. There is also a guide that walks consumers through the various loan options on the market, complete with basic definitions of "loan term," "interest rate type" and "loan type."

Re: CFPB Shifts Some Power to Mortgage Shoppers
Posted by: cpinaud 2015-01-14 11:37:06 In reply to: Erika Morphy
I think this feature could be useful, however, have concerns about two things:

1. Is the CFPB a Mortgage Licensed entity? Only a licensee can quote interest rates.
2. Where is the APR? that must be quoted at same time as rate and must be in same size and font.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.