Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Things Not to Say to an Irate Customer, or Anthem's Epic Fail

Re: Things Not to Say to an Irate Customer, or Anthem's Epic Fail
Posted by: Mick Brady 2014-12-04 09:47:54
See Full Story

I have sympathy for customer service representatives -- really, I do. I know that customers can be ignorant, demanding and ill-mannered. On the other hand, CSRs should be trained to deal with bad-tempered customers. Also, CSRs should be trained to avoid provoking pleasant and agreeable customers to the edge of meltdown -- or beyond. If your ears are burning, Elizabeth at Anthem Blue Cross, yes, I'm talking about you. Here's the thing. Elizabeth is probably quite nice. However, she drove one customer's blood pressure into the red zone.

Re: Things Not to Say to an Irate Customer, or Anthem's Epic Fail
Posted by: weingarten 2014-12-04 18:58:12 In reply to: Mick Brady
To the Fry's, Fishers, IN, store manager, do not waive the receipt in the face of a customer and say we will not take this back, period. BTW- you lost a good customer forever. Don't forget one mad customer will tell a lot of people about you, such as this and the article example, and in the end you the seller or service provider are the losers.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.