Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Lowe's Gives Robotic Customer Service a Good Name

Re: Lowe's Gives Robotic Customer Service a Good Name
Posted by: Katherine Noyes 2014-11-10 16:05:27
See Full Story

Lowe's soon will add two robots to the customer-service staff at one of its San Jose, California, stores. Called "OSHbot," the robots will assist customers at the Lowe's-owned Orchard Supply Hardware store by directing them to specific products and providing real-time information about promotions and inventory. In the coming months, the robots will gain the ability to communicate with customers in multiple languages and remotely connect with expert employees at other Orchard stores to answer specific project questions.

Re: Lowe's Gives Robotic Customer Service a Good Name
Posted by: psiclone 2014-11-10 16:07:32 In reply to: Katherine Noyes
What's the point if the stock crew can't keep the items located in the same spot as they're supposed to? I like Lowes, and I'm not against using robots for this, but it seems they would be put to better use by having them stock the shelves, so that everything is placed, labeled and priced properly. It's also a safer move and less time-consuming than having a human get you a heavy item from a high shelf, etc.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.