Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: CRM Selection: Getting Requirements to Reflect Reality

Re: CRM Selection: Getting Requirements to Reflect Reality
Posted by: Christopher J. Bucholtz 2014-10-27 06:06:29
See Full Story

Perhaps the most important thing you can do before buying business software is to understand what you really want. Software is different from buying a car -- a physical thing you can inspect and whose operation you understand. It's different from buying a commodity, whose characteristics are already clear and there's little variation from purchase to purchase. Buying software is buying something abstract. Technically, you are paying for the ones and zeros that make it up -- but that's not what you're really buying.

Posted by: joelazer27 2014-10-27 06:08:27 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
Technology such as a CRM can definitely help meet business goals with minimum effort. CRM's today can be extended to any business function to cater to a specific or generic demand.

Posted by: agileari 2014-10-30 13:34:24 In reply to: joelazer27
Good post, Chris. We'll share this with businesses considering Agile CRM, as we get a lot of questions along the lines of "is Agile CRM right for me?" from businesses focused only on their current or projected/future needs, rather than both!
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.