Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Mea Culpa: Social Media Apology Do's and Don'ts

Re: Mea Culpa: Social Media Apology Do's and Don'ts
Posted by: Vivian Wagner 2014-10-23 00:34:45
See Full Story

When DiGiorno tweeted, "You had pizza. #WhyIStayed," Twitter lit up with criticism of the brand. The hashtag "WhyIStayed" is associated with domestic violence. In response to the firestorm, DiGiorno peppered its Twitter feed with apology after apology, all of them essentially like this: "A million apologies. Did not read what the hashtag was about before posting." The furor around DiGiorno's gaffe and the company's extensive blast of apologies demonstrate how vital it is to hone one's ability to use social media to apologize for mistakes.

Posted by: jarone 2014-10-24 08:51:33 In reply to: Vivian Wagner
Thanks for including me in the piece. Great piece Vivian!

Posted by: mikethefritz 2014-10-23 00:45:43 In reply to: Vivian Wagner
good advice. Our company prides itself on good customer service and engagement. Reading your article gives us the feeling that we are on the right track and to continue. We have a couple of naysayers in our company that feel we spend a little too much time communicating with our customers. We feel they donít understand the importance of sincere customer service. We feel our little debate about it is like a small skirmish between the Window peeps of our company vs. the Apple peeps of our comapny. can u guess which side is in favor of more quality customer service ; )
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.