Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Break the Language Barrier by Learning Your Customers' Native Tongues

Re: Break the Language Barrier by Learning Your Customers' Native Tongues
Posted by: Christopher J. Bucholtz 2014-06-19 17:52:46
See Full Story

If you live in the English-speaking world, you've been exposed to the stereotype of the snotty Parisian. One of the characteristics of this stereotype is that Parisians refuse to speak English. They know how -- but they won't -- and they turn up their noses at anyone who won't speak French. In my experience, that stereotype is largely wrong -- if you make an effort to communicate in any way, most Parisians are perfectly friendly. However, many businesses unwittingly act out the scenario of the snotty Parisian.

I find there's both sides here. Some companies completely disregard the language of customers while others are oblivious to it.

We've found that one of the best ways to get on the same page is to find a partner within the industry who can help show you the ropes. This not only helps with language and terminology, but also with process and expectations. You need to be able to know what your average customer will be wanting/needing in order to satisfy their needs before they come to you.

It's not a craps shoot.

Brad Hodson
JobNimbus
Jump to:
Are you willing to pay a subscription fee to Twitter?
Yes - Twitter is an important tool for my organization. Paying for a subscription is an easy business decision for us.
Yes - I use the platform frequently and want access to every available feature.
Possibly - It depends on which features will be offered and what those will cost.
No - I will only use Twitter for services that are available free of charge.
No - I don't use Twitter for free, so I'd never consider a paid subscription.