Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Whodunnit? 4 Suspects in CRM Murder Mystery

Re: Whodunnit? 4 Suspects in CRM Murder Mystery
Posted by: Christopher J. Bucholtz 2014-05-19 06:23:38
See Full Story

Although it's often mistakenly viewed as a technology, CRM is really a discipline -- and it's not a solo discipline, like a martial art or meditation. It's a team discipline, one in which every customer-facing employee can make a contribution. Whether those contributions are positive or negative depends on the teammates. In most cases where CRM is decreed to have "failed," the cause isn't the technology -- it's usually the failure of someone within the company important to the CRM process to commit to the concept.

Posted by: Mike_Driver 2014-06-09 06:35:59 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
Christopher

Good article, however sales should use CRM and that's that. Too much time is spent in blogs etc making the point that sales don't use CRM, which only gives more fuel to this fire.

Those companies who take it seriously define the mandatory items that are required and then make it part of the sales job.

This comes from senior management, sales are properly instructed and it is part of the culture of the company

Brgds

Mike

Posted by: Maximizer CRM 2014-05-19 06:24:15 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
I couldn’t agree more Christopher. Working within the CRM industry, all too often have I seen statistics reporting of CRM software failure, yet little reporting on why the software failed to increase customer loyalty or revenues? A few years ago, noticing this trend among our own customers, we began to review the causes and found that many companies did not look at their internal practices, instead hoping the simple implementation of software would be the magic bullet. However, if existing process are flawed, installing software will not improve those processes, but simply make them quicker to complete.

Therefore true CRM needs to start with the customer-facing employees, reviewing their process, how they currently interact with customers and where improvements can be made. Installing software will then enhance those improvements.

Anita Holley
Maximizer CRM
Jump to:
Are you willing to pay a subscription fee to Twitter?
Yes - Twitter is an important tool for my organization. Paying for a subscription is an easy business decision for us.
Yes - I use the platform frequently and want access to every available feature.
Possibly - It depends on which features will be offered and what those will cost.
No - I will only use Twitter for services that are available free of charge.
No - I don't use Twitter for free, so I'd never consider a paid subscription.