Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Report: CRM Is Going Strong

Re: Report: CRM Is Going Strong
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2014-05-12 06:42:22
See Full Story

CRM software had a good year in 2013 with the category totaling $20.4 billion, a 13.7 percent increase from $18 billion the previous year, according to a report released this week by Gartner. Furthermore, the next few years are likely to be just as positive, if not more, the firm predicted. "CRM will be at the heart of digital initiatives in coming years," said Gartner Research Vice President Joanne Correia. "This is one technology area that will get funding because digital business is critical for companies to remain competitive."

Re: Report: CRM Is Going Strong
Posted by: Maximizer CRM 2014-05-30 07:29:30 In reply to: Erika Morphy
As any company selling CRM solutions knows the B2C market is a difficult area to cover, volumes of data are heavier, useful data that is key to CRM may be in other disparate solutions, and therefore the cost of the solution required quite often comes in a higher point than companies have been willing to bear in the past. Of course there are exceptions, where a high value niche market is in play. I addition there is often no need for a big band approach, and a phased deployment can give benefits over time whilst controlling costs.

Beyond the typical SaaS model companies are now starting to evaluate more varied models such as those where they have off-site hosting provision of their own and a dedicated server where they can put any line of business application in the cloud, this can have has some real benefits in terms of data availability, backup, storage, integration and of course control of your own platform. Models are now in play where software can be purchase to deploy on a company’s own hosted platform or the reverse deployment in house (on-premise) but paid for on a subscription basis.

Maximizer Software has created some useful guides to assist organisations in finding their way through the maze of choices, whether B2C, B2B, Charity, Educational establishment, Government or any other.

Mike Richardson
Maximizer Software Ltd
www.max.co.uk
Jump to:
Are you willing to pay a subscription fee to Twitter?
Yes - Twitter is an important tool for my organization. Paying for a subscription is an easy business decision for us.
Yes - I use the platform frequently and want access to every available feature.
Possibly - It depends on which features will be offered and what those will cost.
No - I will only use Twitter for services that are available free of charge.
No - I don't use Twitter for free, so I'd never consider a paid subscription.