Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Are We There Yet? The Long Road to the CRM Revolution

Re: Are We There Yet? The Long Road to the CRM Revolution
Posted by: Christopher J. Bucholtz 2014-04-18 14:05:52
See Full Story

They say you must walk before you can run. It follows that you should crawl before you walk. In CRM, however, there are a lot of businesses that talk at great length about wanting to run even though they haven't mastered crawling yet. They battle with the same old problems: adoption issues; technology decisions made before business needs are identified; lack of executive buy-in. If you want to extend the metaphor, CRM-wise, they're not running, walking or crawling -- they're lying face-down, motionless, on the floor.

Posted by: Sushant12 2014-05-05 05:39:54 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
Great read Chris.

Unfortunately CRM is identified with technology and Tools however it is beyond Technology, which is just a means to establish, maintain and grow relationships.

CRM is primarily at the disposal of the sales folks,majority of them feel it's an obligation to use the CRM tools rather appreciating it.

Given above situation we might at first feel that Social CRM will make it all the more difficult for the sales people, as it adds one more dimension i.e. Social to the traditional CRM however I feel this new dimension will give a completely different outlook to the sales person, as it will add a more dynamic layer i.e. Social to the CRM, thus making the CRM practice much more effective and usable.

Posted by: Maximizer CRM 2014-04-30 04:24:26 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
Superb post Chris. Its certainly a minefield for both CRM developers and CRM customers as we move further into social and mobile territory.

I think that mobile CRM is the easy part the reason why it can often fail is due to vendors providing limited functionality in their mobile interface, which is why we at Maximizer have spent so much time developing our mobile abilities to be comprehensive and available on nearly any device.

Social integration is a different game you are dependent on how the social platform wants to approach it. As you say, most CRMs, including Maximizer, can easily feed basic social media data into CRM, however to make it truly useful, we integrate with HubSpot leading social media automation and monitoring software.

Mike Richardson
Maximizer CRM

I read somewhere else that one of the reasons mobile CRM fails in practice is because people dislike entering or managing rich information on their devices. If you end a phone call with a client, for example, it takes a lot of effort to type and attach a summary of the call to the Client's record in your CRM on your phone. It's just not practical, even in tablet form.

If CRM "management" was made more intuitive on mobile, perhaps adoption rates would increase.

I feel you are right about Social CRM; companies do not yet know how to harvest the mounds of information present in these channels. Besides aggregation, we know not what to do with this data. Personally, I still feel most business professionals don't use Social Media for business.

Re: Are We There Yet? The Long Road to the CRM Revolution- mobile leads
Posted by: successwithcrm 2014-08-07 08:13:51 In reply to: cldm
Much of the complaint goes away now about it taking too much time entering information from a phone call on a mobile device. Smart phones, tablets and web browsers like Chrome allow you to tap a microphone icon with one finger and immediately start talking. The speech is immediately converted into text as a call memo. Amazing feedback can be obtained in timely matter.

Dick Wooden
Saleslogix CRM business partner
Jump to: