Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Looking for Customer Love in All the Right Places

Re: Looking for Customer Love in All the Right Places
Posted by: Christopher J. Bucholtz 2014-02-28 07:28:39
See Full Story

If you're a vendor, the idea of providing visibility is a winning notion. It's what's driven social CRM-related software tools and analytics to their current prominence within the market, and it's why the "Internet of Things" is so alluring. The problem that these technologies purportedly solve is a lack of visibility -- that is, the inability to understand what's going on with customers, how customers relate to the things that businesses do, and how effective businesses are at influencing customers to let go of their hard-earned dollars.

Re: Looking for Customer Love in All the Right Places
Posted by: Maximizer CRM 2014-02-28 07:28:58 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
Couldn’t agree more Chris – it’s very tough to get right and all CRM can do is give your business to tools. Being able to track your customers in an automatic way via your CRM is the foundation. If you can happily segment customer groups and monitor them across social media, your website(s), your outbound comms and, if applicable, their in-store habits then you have the essential tools – you just need the strategy.

I think the easiest process is to filter through the broader measurements of what you’re doing well and what you’re not. Then refine this down to micro-steps the customer takes in their relationship with you. Increasing customer retention could be as easy as replacing a badly worded email – you just don’t know until you look in detail!
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.