ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: The 3 Ages of CRM

Re: The 3 Ages of CRM
Posted by: Denis Pombriant 2014-02-28 07:19:26
See Full Story

I have written often about the connection between CRM and economics, almost as if one explains the other. While I still believe it in part, my thinking has evolved and become more nuanced over the last 15 years to the point that today I want to discuss my evolution. Social science is for me the obvious metaphor for CRM, but which social science? For starters, we could choose from economics, psychology or sociology and rule out things like history, law, geography and linguistics except as supporting tools.

Re: The 3 Ages of CRM
Posted by: Maximizer CRM 2014-02-28 07:19:54 In reply to: Denis Pombriant
Enjoyed the post Denis. Id be inclined to say that though the internet does provide companies with the agency to go out there and look beyond the dominating norm, many do not through fear they are going to be subjected to a CRM project failure.

Most people charged with delivering a CRM implementation will look at the most publicised CRM vendors, believing they must be the best. However they regularly are not the best for their needs.

Smaller CRM vendors like the one I work for Maximizer CRM, can provide with options that the dominant structures of CRM cannot, because we are more flexible a benefit of not being a massive organisation. We also take an advisory approach to CRM as most CRM projects do not fail because the software is faulty, but because the CRM strategy is ill-conceived.

Mike Richardson
Maximizer CRM
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.