Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Stale CRM Data Can Stall Sales

Re: Stale CRM Data Can Stall Sales
Posted by: Christopher J. Bucholtz 2013-08-10 12:45:12
See Full Story

Before they contact a prospect, smart salespeople check the CRM system to see what the customer record says. That's what CRM is there for, from a sales perspective: to give sales the background information it needs to have the best chance at closing a sale. However, the picture of the prospect painted by CRM data isn't perfect -- it's a reflection of the data collected from various sources. CRM data is to the prospect what a painting is to a photograph. It's an impression based on aspects those collecting the data chose to emphasize.

Posted by: Anita_Holley 2013-09-02 08:27:14 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
This is a great article, reminding us that a CRM platform is only as good as its users. The right software speeds up many day-to-day tasks and facilitates the provision of great customer experience in many ways, but it is from face-to-face interactions with a customer that the most important data can be gathered. Combining that human factor with all the other channels from which a CRM system draws information on existing and prospective clients is the key to achieving the holy grail of every business increased sales and maximized ROI.
Andrew Heriot, Head of Services EMEA, Maximizer Software

Posted by: oscarsaldana 2013-08-10 12:48:15 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
Good article Christopher. I agree with you in that the data collected regarding clients should always be updated constantly and I believe that a salesperson who uses all the features a CRM platform can provide, should not face the problem of having stale CRM data. I believe one of the solutions to this issue would be constant communication between the sales person and the client. CRM systems are designed with many avenues of communication to constantly be aware of the needs of clients. One of these CRM platforms that has integrated many channels of communication is GreenRope. They are a complete CRM platform that allows me to have up to date client information and also has other very useful tools, including predictive analytics. Firms should make full use of their CRM platforms to keep updating client information and to make the data collected useful in creating sales.
Jump to:
When considering a new smartwatch, which feature set is most important to you?
Alerts and Notifications
Calls and Messaging
Clock and Time Tracking
Contactless Payments and Banking
Design and Personalization
GPS and Maps
Health and Fitness
Music and Video