Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Ask Customers (Online) and Ye Could Receive

Re: Ask Customers (Online) and Ye Could Receive
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2013-07-26 09:53:47
See Full Story

If ever there was a case for conducting online customer surveys, Adam Lasky, global social media coordinator at Spreadshirt, has lived it. "A week after a customer makes a purchase on the Spreadshirt platform, we follow up with a customer review survey," Lasky said. That's how the company learned that its customers usually had clear expectations about shipping times -- and, perhaps more importantly, that those expectations did not always match up with reality.

Re: Ask Customers (Online) and Ye Could Receive
Posted by: AnnieSullivan 2013-07-26 10:07:34 In reply to: Erika Morphy
The question I would ask of any company wanting to put together a customer feedback survey is "Have you ever taken one yourself?"

While the survey can gather much needed and valuable information, the average buyer either doesn't have time, or simply doesn't care. They want to complete their purchases quickly and move on to whatever else they have to do in their busy day.

I would hazard a guess that most customer review surveys are filled out with people who either have an issue they want solved, or who are incentivized to do so.

My first job while I was still in high school was as a waitress. One of the things my manager taught me then was "Happy customers usually don't fill out comment cards. They just tip well and come back often." I think the same holds true here.
Jump to:
When considering a new smartwatch, which feature set is most important to you?
Alerts and Notifications
Calls and Messaging
Clock and Time Tracking
Contactless Payments and Banking
Design and Personalization
GPS and Maps
Health and Fitness
Music and Video