Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Answer Customers' Calls - Even When the Phone's Not Ringing

Re: Answer Customers' Calls - Even When the Phone's Not Ringing
Posted by: Christopher J. Bucholtz 2013-01-28 03:43:46
See Full Story

By now, common sense, the business media and practical experience have taught the lessons of multi-channel engagement for service. Businesses have come to realize that they need to provide service in whatever way their customers wish to receive it, whether it's through the phone, via chat or text, over email or through social media. This is a reflection of two things: the changing nature of the customer and the increasing realization that service equals retention. Retaining those customers is the easy route to increased revenues.

Article clearly mentions the enhancements required for customer service software to become social and knowledge base management. Happyfox is an help desk software which has become social with facebook integration. All customer complaints can be tracked, managed and responded in the ticket management interface by coupling the social media and help desk. Also, though there are stand-alone knowledge base management software, help desk must have an inbuilt knowledge base and community forums for customer interaction and help.
Jump to:
Are you willing to pay a subscription fee to Twitter?
Yes - Twitter is an important tool for my organization. Paying for a subscription is an easy business decision for us.
Yes - I use the platform frequently and want access to every available feature.
Possibly - It depends on which features will be offered and what those will cost.
No - I will only use Twitter for services that are available free of charge.
No - I don't use Twitter for free, so I'd never consider a paid subscription.