Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Mobile CRM Gives Retailers Ammo Against Showrooming

Re: Mobile CRM Gives Retailers Ammo Against Showrooming
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2012-10-09 11:38:21
See Full Story

Showrooming enabled by the proliferation of smartphones has become the bane of brick-and-mortar retailers. Basically, consumers waltz into a local Best Buy or similar big box store, find the product they are thinking of buying and check it out. So far, so good, from the retailer's perspective -- only then they go online, sometimes even while standing in the store aisle -- to buy it from an etailer like Amazon. Now retailers are fighting back with their own mobile strategies to best online retailers in this scramble for sales.

Re: Mobile CRM Gives Retailers Ammo Against Showrooming
Posted by: bradhodson 2012-10-10 22:44:07 In reply to: Erika Morphy
This is a great technique and could be just what these big brick 'n mortars need to stay alive. They're getting killed on price. The only thing they have going for them is the personal customer service angle and that's where the mobile CRM can optimize their success.

I've seen mobile CRM successful for other client exchanges in products like JobNimbus, but if they can get the CRM optimized for them this could be their savior.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.