Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Insurance and CRM: Big Barriers, Bigger Benefits

Re: Insurance and CRM: Big Barriers, Bigger Benefits
Posted by: Christopher J. Bucholtz 2012-09-15 11:41:11
See Full Story

Back in my college days, I worked part-time for an insurance agent. It was an eye-opening job, and not just because it pointed out how many strange and silly ways people could get into car accidents (loose birthday balloons obstructing the driver's vision, concrete poured off an overpass into a brand-new convertible BMW, a catastrophic collision between a Saturn and some Canadian geese, etc.). It also pointed out how much of a relationship business insurance is -- and how challenging it was for the agent to balance his time between individuals in his customer base.

Posted by: bradhodson 2012-09-28 21:15:51 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
The real dilemma is current CRM software not being flexible enough, because there are ways around this.

Lightweight CRM software companies, like JobNimbus (http://www.jobnimbus.com), are designed to be much simpler and more flexible, than the larger "ingrained" solutions most enterprises use.

Things like job, contact, and document sharing between "guest" users who don't have accounts solves the issue of sharing information between agents, companies, mechanics, clients, etc. These are low commitment, including free versions that allow anyone access to the information without even making an account.

There are CRM solutions out there that can handle this type of work. It shouldn't have to be an Agent-specific software nor will it come as a giant software suite that requires tons of commitment and integration. It will come from lightweight, nimble solutions.

Posted by: Danielyhkim88 2012-09-15 11:55:35 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
Thanks for your thoughts!
I absolutely agree that CRM is under-utilized because of the hurdles of adoption.
If every single employee of a business, adopts and uses CRM this will allow a more precise and efficient communication. This communication achieved, is not only within your company but also with your clients. This will lead to increased ROI and business growth.
The benefits offered can also increase and expand brand awareness internationally. Previously, this would have been difficult because of the many components required for international brand awareness.
Being a member of the GreenRope family, I have been fortunate to witness firsthand the growth & benefits offered to businesses that have utilized social CRM.
If a company has not decided to embrace social CRM or if they ahve not fully adopted and integrated social CRM amongst all of their employees, it would be extremely wise to do so.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.