Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: 4 CRM Lessons to Apply as You Move to Social CRM

Re: 4 CRM Lessons to Apply as You Move to Social CRM
Posted by: Christopher J. Bucholtz 2012-09-02 12:03:57
See Full Story

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it, wrote George Santayana, and if you've covered technology as long as I have, you know that the cycles of repetition become shorter with each passing year. When it comes to CRM, we're seeing it again in the form of social CRM: companies are making the same mistakes they made at the start of the CRM era. Does no one look to the past? Or do they see SCRM as such a revolutionary leap forward that the past no longer applies?

Posted by: PatrickDorseyAvectra 2012-09-14 12:07:06 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
Christopher,
Thanks for the great article. Like with all business models, companies need to ultimately see the ROI on their Social CRM investment. A comprehensive Social CRM program, one that provides customer profiling, customer retention tools, social monitoring tools, event outreach capabilities and customer recruitment tools will give an organization the ability to have a 360-degree view of its customer base. It will also deliver the critical data it needs to nimbly shift its CRM efforts to meet the direct needs of those customers.

Posted by: AnweshaCRM 2012-09-04 01:30:24 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
Sane advice; especially on starting small.
Too bad, most people we meet disregard the advice. From a current situation of "no software/ no automation" they want to move to a situation where they have a software controlling, tracking, monitoring every little thing their sales guys do- and of course link it with accounting, payroll, ERP... not kidding.
I have not seen any of those engagements result into a successful CRM implementation. Does not stop anyone, though.

Posted by: Danielyhkim88 2012-09-02 12:27:36 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
Thank you for your thoughts!
Social CRM integration is an extremely useful tool and if utilized correctly a businesses ROI could increase significantly.
Social media is crucial for brand marketing and the ease of access from all employees, will only increase communications and effectiveness.
Social media allows customers to interact and offer suggestions, as well as allowing the business to attend to the immediate needs of the consumer.
Without social CRM integration, it becomes difficult to access the different social media sites and productivity can decrease.
As a member of the Greenrope family, I have seen the benefits and growth that CRM integration offers and if a business has not embraced this form of technology, they should do so immediately.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.