Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Fixing Customer Complaints in a World Gone Social

Re: Fixing Customer Complaints in a World Gone Social
Posted by: Christopher J. Bucholtz 2012-08-16 09:34:07
See Full Story

Henry David Thoreau's quiet wisdom is best exemplified by sayings like, "in all
things, simplicity." That's a nice credo to live by -- but it may be a hard one to fully embrace if you're trying to provide great customer service these days. After all, if you work in service, you have customers coming at you through a wider
variety of channels than ever before. The phone is still No. 1 in terms of use,
but when you add SMS, email and chat, you have an exponentially more difficult service puzzle to solve.

Re: Fixing Customer Complaints in a World Gone Social
Posted by: lmoon2550 2012-08-16 10:15:52 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
I was having trouble with my internet/cable service. I spent 2 1/2 hours with a tech who did not reside in America. No help at all. I then spent 2 hours on live chat with another tech. No help either. I could not reach anything but recordings on the phone. After 2 days of futility I posted on their FB page. Within 30 minutes I was phoned by a competent, English speaking rep who off and on spent 3 days solving problems I had not created.
Outsourcing to other countries and non-stop telephones have become so frustrating that sometimes there is no other choice but to post on a social network. The companies have created their own problems and customers are using the only means possible to get the attention of someone who can help.
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.