Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Sowing the Seeds of CRM Adoption

Re: Sowing the Seeds of CRM Adoption
Posted by: Christopher J. Bucholtz 2012-07-20 06:55:51
See Full Story

When people ask me what I write about, I say "CRM," but I could just as easily say I
write about adoption. Adoption failure is the arch-enemy of CRM, the great CRM
investment-waster, the adversary to those who want to organize, rationalize and
economize their customer data and how it's handled. We've known this for years, and yet as an industry we're still combating resistance to the use of CRM. There are about 15 million CRM licenses sold worldwide; how many of them are actually being used? That's a terrifying question.

Posted by: Danielyhkim88 2012-07-21 09:43:41 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
Fantastic article and input!
All four points are crucial when deciding on a CRM and also to combat the poor adoption mentioned.

As an employee of GreenRope, I have seen the full benefits that can be achieved if CRM integration is adopted and utilized properly. Due to the constant progression of technology, CRM integration is now and will be an important tool for the sustained growth of businesses.

Posted by: Maximizer CRM 2012-07-20 07:07:44 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
Thought this was a great article Christopher, thanks for your valuable insight!

As a CRM Software vendor, when people evaluate CRM products including ours we like to encourage them to get potential users to try various real life scenarios. These could be as simple as making a number of calls and logging notes, to complex searches and list creation for Marketing or Customer Service Case creation, escalation and Monitoring.

Trying 'real life' tasks with the shortlisted products can give a real insight as to whether the solution is a good fit for a business or not. I totally agree that the ability for a user to configure their own interface somewhat and to be able to access their own subset of CRM data via Web or Mobile is also a key factor in the modern world. Any intgeration with other solutions should also be careful to supply just what is needed by the users of the application and not just port everything across.

Mike Richardson, Maximizer Software EMEA
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.