Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Is Everyone Trying to Look Like Salesforce?

Re: Is Everyone Trying to Look Like Salesforce?
Posted by: Denis Pombriant 2012-06-21 12:41:21
See Full Story

Last week I lamented how the legacy software establishment was focusing on the easy-to-sell parts of cloud computing without really providing the essence of cloud. Since then, I have been inspired by a couple of recent articles that point in a different though not opposite direction. "Oracle Is Starting to Look a Lot Like SFDC" makes the point that in buying Vitrue, Oracle has dipped another toe in social marketing and is increasingly looking like Salesforce.

Re: Is Everyone Trying to Look Like Salesforce?
Posted by: PatrickDorseyAvectra 2012-06-25 14:45:36 In reply to: Denis Pombriant
There are advantages to being a leader in an industry. Everyone is trying to look like Salesforce for a reason, but perhaps the reason needs to be more defined. Without a clear strategy and value proposition to differentiate your product, you will end up being just another "me too!" in the pool. Salesforce consistently wins for Benoiff's vision and the company's dedication to Cloud. Without boxing themselves in, they can become "the social enterprise" while shifting their focus to social and more. If other companies want to be able to compete in the same realm, they first need to establish their own vision and what really makes them innovative and able to make a difference. It's those companies that are the most successful, not the ones racing to catch up to the big boys.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.