ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: The End of the Social Age

Re: The End of the Social Age
Posted by: Denis Pombriant 2012-05-31 13:13:04
See Full Story

I was so looking forward to getting the Facebook IPO out of the way, and then splat, like a ripe tomato in the kisser, we have to learn that the underwriters might not have shared some pre-IPO information transparently. Enough already! Bankers appear to be tone deaf to the fallout from their gross behavior. If you want an historical comparison, I think you need to go all the way back to the Renaissance and the Borgia popes. But no matter. With Facebook's more or less successful public launch, I hope we can turn our attention to other areas of CRM and the front office.

Re: The End of the Social Age
Posted by: PatrickDorseyAvectra 2012-06-05 07:14:00 In reply to: Denis Pombriant
Social media is slowly becoming not just a tool, but an integral part of how we do business. The more that companies strive to integrate social media into their marketing and sales activities, the easier it will be. A true social CRM will have all of the components of a traditional CRM, including reporting and analytics functionality. Once more companies realize the benefits of social media analytics and reporting, it will be a much easier sell. Companies have to stop thinking of social media as a separate tool, and start thinking of it as just a necessary part of doing business. Much like email, or having a website social media is just another way to gain brand exposure publicly (Facebook, Twitter) and privately (private online communities, social campaigns and lead generation activities, etc.).
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.