Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Social CRM vs. the Unimaginative, the Unmotivated and the Skeptical

Re: Social CRM vs. the Unimaginative, the Unmotivated and the Skeptical
Posted by: Christopher J. Bucholtz 2012-04-02 07:40:50
See Full Story

When I go to CRM conferences -- and I go to many -- one of the things I relish is the opportunity to speak to leaders about thinking surrounding social CRM. That group is not limited to the pundits and authors most closely associated with SCRM; it also includes users at these events who have reached the decision to fully embrace it in their businesses. I leave these events filled with excitement for the next great leap ahead in customer engagement, the next breakthrough for sales people, and the next -- or perhaps first -- revolution in how we render customer service.

Thanks for this thought-provoking post.

Do you see CRM and Social CRM as inhabiting parallel worlds or is SCRM a part of the former?

I think there are many businesses embracing SCRM (whether their approach is structured or not is another question) whilst skipping traditional CRM, in other words building up a great source of knowledge about their publics, but without the tools to leverage this. I guess this approach is the same as the one you mention about people struggle to come to terms with the discipline of CRM.

Would you say that the best course of action would be to
a. establish a firm CRM strategy and
b. use this to capture SCRM

Or as mentioned at the start are they two seperate beasts?
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.