Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: BofA Customers May Not Want to Take It Anymore

Re: BofA Customers May Not Want to Take It Anymore
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2011-10-03 13:08:48
See Full Story

Bank of America may have hoped it could quietly slip a $5 fee past its customers. If so, it was woefully wrong. This week, the bank announced it would charge debit card customers a $5 monthly fee when they use their cards to purchase goods. The bank pointed to new financial regulations as a reason. Customers, for their part, quickly did the math: The bank would be docking them $60 a year to use a card that the bank had urged them to adopt in the first place.

New Bank of America fee
Posted by: mitchroth 2011-10-03 13:15:52 In reply to: Erika Morphy
I'm glad you brought this issue up Erika. Bank Of America was found guilty of opening Visa's for those with no residency in US. They contributed to making loans which collapsed. Took bail out money. Now they are trying to pull this!! As soon as I heard my bank Wells Fargo was running similar test in Texas, I wrote to the Board of Directors. I told them the minute they institute this, I was leaving the bank as a customer. I have been with them since 1972! It's time the crooks at these institutions were held accountable for their actions. They pushed debit cards and the merchants took the fees in the chin. We consumers paid higher proces as a result. Now they are wanting revenue this way. Greed in America-----Shameful.
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.