Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Peak Oil and the Front Office

Re: Peak Oil and the Front Office
Posted by: Denis Pombriant 2011-07-06 13:31:29
See Full Story

If you are a regular reader, you know that from time to time I write about things that appear to be tangentially related to CRM -- at best. My favorite alternative to straight ahead research and reporting on CRM is a strange sounding thing called "peak oil." For those of you not familiar with the idea, peak oil refers to a not-so-hypothetical ceiling on how much oil we can coax out of the ground daily. Indirectly, it also refers to the fact that we have not found nearly enough oil to replenish supplies we are consuming, and we never will.

Peak Oil's REAL impact on customer service
Posted by: Edwin_Drake 2011-07-09 13:12:37 In reply to: Denis Pombriant
Peak Oil is actually the end of Life As We Know It. So worrying about the quality of one's customer service in the face of a full blown, civilization destroying Apocalypse seems a tad bit short-sighted to me.

Please consider the following two quotes from two men who are each individually probably smarter than you and me put together.

As Sir Richard Branson (the CEO of Virgin Airlines) said of Peak Oil: "This is an emergency far worse than World War I and World War II put together." *

And in the same vein, self-made billionaire Richard Rainwater said of Peak Oil: "This is the first scenario I've seen where I question the survivability of mankind." **

------------------------

* Interview with Sir Richard Branson from the CNN investigative report on Peak Oil called “We Were Warned: Out of Gas,” broadcast June, 2007.

** Exclusive interview of Richard Rainwater in “Fortune” magazine, December 26, 2005, in an article entitled “The Rainwater Prophecy.”
Jump to: