Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Starting the Social Stampede

Re: Starting the Social Stampede
Posted by: Denis Pombriant 2011-06-29 13:14:00
See Full Story

There's a huge difference between the enterprise world and the social media community. While there are many signs of life on the social side, the rank-and-file Global 1,000 seem for the most part to be clueless. That's not an indictment, just a statement of fact, and maybe opportunity. At the Enterprise 2.0 conference in Boston last week, I got an eyeful of the reality. It's still very early in this market's evolution. The vendors are all lined up, including the small innovators and the big companies looking to cash in by being fast followers.

enterprise social media
Posted by: mod 2011-06-29 13:21:30 In reply to: Denis Pombriant
I think it's important to differentiate between personal social media, which in many cases is just a time-waster, and social media (or perhaps more appropriately called networking technology) applied to business purposes: communications, tele- and videoconferencing, webinars, instruction, just as a starter list. For example, why would you need Twitter when you already have instant messaging? Then there is also the very real concern about security in the social media environment. I'm sure there will be some version of enterprise social media but frankly I believe decision-makers in the world of enterprise communications are being wise by not rushing headlong into this area. I can see the first applications being in customer-facing areas -- CRM, Marketing, anything that establishes a true dialogue with the customer -- but in other areas, maybe not so necessary.
Jump to:
Which COVID-19 vaccine would you prefer to receive if offered to you today?
Johnson & Johnson
Moderna
Pfizer-BioNTech
I'll take any COVID-19 vaccine that is made available to me right now.
I'm not sure. I need more time to make an educated decision.
I'm not interested in getting a COVID-19 vaccine at this time.