Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Broadcasting: The Wrong Metaphor for Social CRM

Re: Broadcasting: The Wrong Metaphor for Social CRM
Posted by: Christopher J. Bucholtz 2011-06-09 06:49:17
See Full Story

I have a friend who's a musician, author and former radio personality, and he likes Facebook. A lot. My newsfeed is clogged with his posts -- news from his life, comments about music and movies, photos of his travels, videos of songs, links to other people's articles. I don't think there's any possible way he could actually view or read all the things he posts, but there they are. "It's my thing," he said when I called him on it. "Ever since I left radio, I've missed being able to share things with people. Now, Facebook is my radio."

Broadcasting: The Wrong Metaphor for Social CRM
Posted by: JenniferMacIverEdwards 2011-07-18 06:48:39 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
Effective social media use (such as Facebook) should include distributing messages and assessing feedback from incoming messages to improve customer relations. Simply blasting out messages without reacting to the responses becomes another form of mass mailing conducted by companies without regard for customer needs. All too often, companies fail to ask customers about their preferences and the amount and manner of communication desired. In a recent survey conducted by Thunderhead, our research revealed that only 16% of respondents were asked their preference by their provider when it came to frequency of billing, policy information and statement delivery.

Capitalizing on social media without opening lines of two-way communication between companies and their consumers can create a message bottleneck where consumers can only speak to pre-approved employees. This situation becomes a terrible waste of resources. Using the exchange channel when appropriate can be an incredibly rich way to determine customer needs, wants and preferences. This instant two-way communication can be an insightful and rewarding experience for both ends, and go a long way to enhancing customer relations and brand loyalty.

For anyone wanting more info on the survey, the research is available for free at www.disconnectedcustomer.com.

Social CRM
Posted by: CRM Software 2011-06-12 08:14:37 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
Hello Chris Love your blog as well but still don't know where the name CRM Outsiders came from as you are working with Sugar? None the less.. Where do you see Social CRM Merging with traditional CRM?
Jump to: