Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: 3 Reasons Why the Mobile CRM Renaissance Is Here

Re: 3 Reasons Why the Mobile CRM Renaissance Is Here
Posted by: Christopher J. Bucholtz 2011-06-02 06:35:41
See Full Story

The idea of taking CRM into the field has been around for a decade -- long enough to lull many people into ignoring it in favor of newer, flashier and more social ideas. But this isn't the time to take your eye off mobile CRM. The technology is about to emerge as a force that will boost adoption, increase the abilities of field personnel, and do so without requiring a back-breaking effort on the part of your IT department. I know what you're saying: Haven't we heard all of this before? Well, yes. But mobile CRM's time is nigh.

Re: 3 Reasons Why the Mobile CRM Renaissance Is Here
Posted by: Simion Petrov, OSF Global Services Inc. 2011-06-12 11:23:57 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
It is worth mentioning that almost all CRM systems provide support for mobile devices, though they differ in prices and supported mobile platforms. Some are limited to providing only mobile web browser support. Others are created as specialized applications for mobile devices which, in my opinion, is the proper way to go since this can provide a very rich user experience compared to the limitations of mobile web browsers. For instance among the larger CRM vendors:

Salesforce Mobile supported by: iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile
Salesforce Chatter supported by: iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, Android
MS Dynamics supported by: iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Android, Windows Phone 7, some versions of Windows Mobile, Palm WebOS, Nokia S60, Nokia S40
Netsuite supported by: iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Palm OS
Sugar Mobile Supported by: iPhone, Android
Sugar Mobile Plus Supported by: BlackBerry, iPad, and iPhone in Summer, 2011. Android support later in 2011.

The mobile CRM renaissance
Posted by: OpenCRM 2011-06-02 06:45:19 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
There can be no question about this, due to many factors as Christopher explained in the article.

Just as Social CRM is empowering the customer, mobile CRM is giving businesses the tools to respond to customer demands faster than ever before. Sales, Support, Service and Marketing can all be plugged into CRM and with this are able to provide a 360 degree level of service at any time.
Jump to:
Which COVID-19 vaccine would you prefer to receive if offered to you today?
Johnson & Johnson
Moderna
Pfizer-BioNTech
I'll take any COVID-19 vaccine that is made available to me right now.
I'm not sure. I need more time to make an educated decision.
I'm not interested in getting a COVID-19 vaccine at this time.