Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: 3 Early Errors That Can Kill CRM in the Cradle

Re: 3 Early Errors That Can Kill CRM in the Cradle
Posted by: Christopher J. Bucholtz 2011-05-25 11:49:40
See Full Story

In long-distance navigation -- like in a boat or an airplane -- if you're going to make an error, it's better to make it later than to make it early on. A half-degree mistake can multiply itself into hundreds of miles over the course of a long voyage, but the same error made toward the end of the trip needs just a slight jog to set things right. That's very much the way it is with the CRM decision-making process, and it's what makes choosing and deploying CRM so tricky. The errors you make early on will reverberate through the entire lifecycle of the CRM application.

3 Early Errors That Can Kill CRM in the Cradle
Posted by: Kevin Beasley, VAI 2011-05-25 12:03:11 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
Great points, Chris, and as a technology provider, I agree wholeheartedly that rushing to a technology solution before evaluating whatís working and whatís not is a missed opportunity for both the company and the provider. Having worked for years to provide CRM solutions to clients, itís always been those who are honest with us upfront about what their objectives are in terms of ROI and how their current CRM system functions that we can best support Ė after all, it might be that in evaluating existing CRM capabilities, they find itís a different solution entirely that would best meet their needs. I might add to your list of three that being upfront about how much support you require is important, too. The only way to know is to be able to assess how much time your team is willing to devote to managing CRM, and what level of support you might need as a result. Again, great points, and thanks for the insight!
Jump to:
Which COVID-19 vaccine would you prefer to receive if offered to you today?
Johnson & Johnson
Moderna
Pfizer-BioNTech
I'll take any COVID-19 vaccine that is made available to me right now.
I'm not sure. I need more time to make an educated decision.
I'm not interested in getting a COVID-19 vaccine at this time.