Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: CoTweet Pulls Social Media Conversations Into CRM Systems

Re: CoTweet Pulls Social Media Conversations Into CRM Systems
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2011-04-29 06:07:58
See Full Story

CoTweet, a social media management application that ExactTarget developed when it realized that email marketing recipients often continue a conversation about a brand in social marketing venues, now has stronger integration for CRM legacy systems. The company recently unveiled new extensions that allow users to integrate conversations that originate in social media with such CRM platforms as Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and Salesforce.com. Now it is making available an extensions module that can work with just about any legacy CRM system, said Jesse Engle, general manager of the ExactTarget Social Media Lab.

Privacy issues
Posted by: NigelSarbutts 2011-04-29 09:50:02 In reply to: Erika Morphy
I see a lot of activity in the SCRM field and I'm wondering how privacy issues are being handled.
If I mention a brand in a social channel and that is captured firstly by a social media monitoring tool and then the tweet, board posting etc is then stored, with my name in a company's CRM or SCRM system, when it does it become the company's moral and legal duty to inform me of that and seek my position to have this data stored.
I have a fairly unusual surname so I'm very easy to Google and suck in a lot of data. What are the legal constraints on companies taking what may start as info in the public domain and build a custom built profile of me?
I'd be interested in hearing from people who have a robust technical/legal knowledge here.

Thanks
Jump to:
Which COVID-19 vaccine would you prefer to receive if offered to you today?
Johnson & Johnson
Moderna
Pfizer-BioNTech
I'll take any COVID-19 vaccine that is made available to me right now.
I'm not sure. I need more time to make an educated decision.
I'm not interested in getting a COVID-19 vaccine at this time.