Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Women in Tech
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Entering Marketing's Golden Age

Re: Entering Marketing's Golden Age
Posted by: Denis Pombriant 2011-03-02 05:47:29
See Full Story

There's a great Churchill quote, "Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing ... after they have exhausted all other possibilities," which I think applies to our long sojourn in the valley of social networking. Social networking is important and will be a major part of our future, but I can't help but think that the way we are approaching it is in the "all other possibilities" category. The approach is becoming important to get wrong, too. It's normal in the early phases of any trend that the marketplace tries many things, many approaches.

Great analysis
Posted by: azeemazhar 2011-03-02 05:54:33 In reply to: Denis Pombriant
Denis

Great analysis - agree there is a new age of marketing and it is customer driven, so companies need to be aware of that.

I would separate social-scoring from influence selling.

The way we look at this is that people have a series of attributes - including their financial capital, human capital and social capital, that help them get outcomes.

The trouble is that the social capital stuff -- which is relevant for you as an individual, and relevant for companies -- is hidden away and hard to make visible.

We'd like to make it visible.

"Influence' is one part of the social capital mix and is hard to separate from other elements - like your position within your networks and the way those networks respond to you. This stuff is valuable segmentation information - and for the consumer it means getting better services or offerings.
Jump to:
Which COVID-19 vaccine would you prefer to receive if offered to you today?
Johnson & Johnson
Moderna
Pfizer-BioNTech
I'll take any COVID-19 vaccine that is made available to me right now.
I'm not sure. I need more time to make an educated decision.
I'm not interested in getting a COVID-19 vaccine at this time.