Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Social Media Adventures in the New Customer World

Re: Social Media Adventures in the New Customer World
Posted by: Pam Baker 2010-04-30 11:11:31
See Full Story

There's been much ado about social media as the latest, greatest customer service tool -- but all that ado does little to help a corporation steer the conversation around perils and toward profits. So, buzz aside, where is the leverage in a set of tools that is seemingly all talk and little substance? Talk is all social media really is. Leveraging social media, then, requires a deep abiding understanding of how to manage community chatter. It is about quickly turning negative talk to positive and positive talk to sales. It's about sweating the small stuff and getting personal.

The ROI of Social Media
Posted by: brightidea 2010-04-30 11:19:25 In reply to: Pam Baker
There are many dimensions to how a company can utilize social media or aspects of social media externally to engage customers, and internally to engage employees. The business function of social media, and where the real ROI of social functionality, no matter its form, lies, is in leveraging the collective wisdom of the crowds to improve customer satisfaction, identify new products & services, and streamline operations. Look at companies like Adobe that are engaging in customer co-creation with sites like http://ideas.acrobat.com. From an internal perspective, see this post on the Ten Reasons Your Corporate Social Network Should be an Innovation Social Network http://bit.ly/6YLzhw
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.