Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Social Media for B2B: This Time It's Personal

Re: Social Media for B2B: This Time It's Personal
Posted by: Stephan Dietrich 2010-04-27 06:12:11
See Full Story

For B2B marketers, social media has quickly become a desirable component of most cross-channel marketing campaigns. According to an August 2009 survey by Mzinga and Babson Executive Education, the vast majority of professionals worldwide are using social technologies for business purposes. Eighty-six percent of respondents to the survey of professionals from a variety of industries said they had adopted social technologies, with 57 percent of those respondents using the tools for marketing purposes.

Social networks weren't originally built for the B2B marketplace. Whereas Facebook was built for personal use and doesn't enable you to monetize, let alone own your network, other network-building options have been designed especially for owners to own and capitalize on their networks.

With SocialGO, for example, businesses can fully integrate their network into their existing site, white label it (so your customers won't know it's SocialGO behind the scenes), own the content/data, and control the membership. Plus, SocialGO is an open and fully customizable platform, so businesses can move their network to another service at any time.

There are valuable one-stop-shop solutions out there. This is good news for the B2B marketplace.

Silo Busting Socia Media Integration
Posted by: BeninBrown 2010-04-27 06:46:40 In reply to: Stephan Dietrich
Stephan,

Terrific piece, I could not have put it better. I like what you said about the need for marketers to use social media as part of a larger web strategy. You are also very correct about necessity for using the right metrics to measure the performance of social media activities. You also mentioned the necessity of maintaining a consistant information scent channel wide-very insightful!

The only thing that wasn't clear to me was the singular cross channel marketing platform that you were describing. I was hoping that you could elaborate on that please, thanks.
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.