Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Survey Totes Up Value of Excellent Online Customer Service

Re: Survey Totes Up Value of Excellent Online Customer Service
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2010-03-23 02:04:25
See Full Story

Excellent online customer service may be worth $17.3 billion in 2010, according to a new Ovum survey commissioned by StellaService. That's the round figure for the 10.7 percent premium the report suggests customers are willing to pay for good customer service. The survey was conducted across multiple categories -- financial services, healthcare, utilities and retail -- including both online and brick-and-mortar stores. The total value of great customer service across all categories, both online and off, was found to be $268 billion per year, or a 9.7 percent premium.

Posted by: benplint 2015-12-12 00:45:22 In reply to: Erika Morphy
Nice post...Loved it. I am usually not interested in these kind of posts. As I have my own business of Wide Shoes and interested in that kind of things. But after reading this. I loved it. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: benplint 2015-12-11 02:49:02 In reply to: Erika Morphy
Nice post...Loved it. I am usually not interested in these kind of posts. As I have my own business of Wide Shoes and interested in that kind of things. But after reading this. I loved it. Thanks for sharing.

agreed
Posted by: awright80 2010-03-23 02:33:10 In reply to: Erika Morphy
The findings in the survey are not so surprising. People value customer service above all else seeing as, if they're buying a product on a site, such as www.dhgate.com, they are able to pick and choose suppliers. They'll only be return buyers if they are dealt with promptly and and in a professional manner. So businesses need to be able to see this value and if necessary, give appropriate training to staff and suppliers. Negative feedback on customer service can have severe repercussions.
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.