Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: How to Know When Enough Customer Service Is Enough

Re: How to Know When Enough Customer Service Is Enough
Posted by: Chris Coles 2010-03-15 14:00:09
See Full Story

Throughout the economic downtown, business managers heard virtually every cost-cutting measure, from furlough days to reducing IT investment. As we see shoots of recovery, we are reminded that no company can cost-cut its way to excellence; without some focus on the customer, eventually service starts to dwindle, products are shoddy and the company is no longer competitive. Those that persevere through both economic booms and busts incorporate a long-term view of quality and cost measures into their strategic business functions.

Understand customers better to fuel real impact
Posted by: robinjs19 2010-03-15 14:11:38 In reply to: Chris Coles
Outstanding customer service is a primary differentiator in any economy, especially in today's highly competitive, cost conscious environment. But truly great service, and what today's customers expect, goes beyond the usual "please" and "thanks for your business," to a level where companies are doing a better job of listening to customers to truly understand and fulfill the customer's intent. Now matter how pleasant your agents might be, it's not great service unless the customer is satisfied at the end of the interaction -- whether that interaction is taking place over the phone, through e-mail, or via web chat. Organizations are realizing that taking charge of Customer Dynamics, the multi-faceted exchange of information, ideas, opinions, and commerce that occur continuously between businesses and their customers – enables you to gain insight into your customers’ concerns and wants and use that insight to impact your business by streamlining operations, differentiate through exemplary service, and grow your business. For more information on optimizing Customer Dynamics see http://www.nice.com/customer_dynamics/.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.