Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Inventory Management on a Shoestring

Re: Inventory Management on a Shoestring
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2009-05-31 10:55:32
See Full Story

Fidelitone Logistics works with large retailers to manage their inventories and ship consumer goods worldwide. Mike Schoenfeld, an executive VP at Fidelitone, recently gave a group of executives from a venture capital firm a tour of the company's operations. No, the VC model hasn't changed so radically that it includes the actual shipping and distribution of goods. Rather, these VCs were thinking of the small firms in their portfolios that needed the benefits of a streamlined inventory management and warehouse distribution system.

Re: Inventory Management on a Shoestring
Posted by: hankmoody 2015-09-18 00:40:39 In reply to: Erika Morphy
Chinadivision save yourself the headache of logistics details.
Managing logistics the RIGHT way takes a lot of time and resources. Lucky for you, we’ve built an international logistics infrastructure that makes worldwide fulfillment easy, so we do all of the hard work for you! We keep your product inventory at our warehouse, and when an order is placed, ChinaDivision will pick, pack, and ship the order within minutes.

Affordable Inventory Systems
Posted by: benatdarby 2009-06-01 09:44:50 In reply to: Erika Morphy
I have to agree with Barney Stone that all of the small and medium sized businesses I've worked with in setting up inventory and order management systems have no venture capital.

In fact, many SMBs these days are starting with little capital at all which makes it difficult for these businesses to invest in even the cheapest software systems for their business.

Ben Johnson
Darby Software
http://blog.mydarby.com

Systems for REAL SMBs
Posted by: barneystone 2009-06-01 06:02:15 In reply to: Erika Morphy
The article refers to SMBs, but leads off by talking about representatives of their venture capitalist investors. If VCs are part of your definition of SMBs, then what do you call the vast number of REALLY small companies that make up a substantial percentage of the retailers doing business on the Internet? Our company's software, which includes inventory management and real-time integration with 30+ shopping cart systems, is used by nearly 2,000 Web retailers, including 11 of this year's Internet Retailer Top 500, but I doubt if more than a handful of them have ever even spoken to a VC about investing in their companies.

The business media, especially those dealing with ecommerce, should expand their horizons a bit and find out what is happening at the real small end of the business, where VCs and PR flacks are nowhere in sight, but tens of thousands of innovative companies are thriving.

Internal Auditing Lowers IT Costs
Posted by: Sadien 2009-05-31 10:59:55 In reply to: Erika Morphy
Internal auditing massively reduces technology overhead and costs on several different levels.

- Auditing discovers weaknesses in your infrastructure that can be costly to fix, if left undiscovered

- Auditing reduces the time, effort, and resources required to maintain your IT production environment

- Auditing discovers surpluses of software licensing

- Auditing reduces liability, from 3rd party auditors like the Business Software Alliance and SIIA.

- Auditing dramatically increases the effective response time to license inquires

- Auditing reduces the expense associated with the defense of federal lawsuits, in the even your organization is found to be using software with our proper license documentation

Sadien has a video on the topic at http://video.sadien.com/Auditing_Reduces_IT_Overhead-227.html

G.C. Hutson
Chief Executive & Senior Partner
Sadien Intellectual Property, Inc.
www.sadien.com
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.